You’ve got a great concept - but how do you turn those ideas into reality?
Ideally you want a company that:
- can take your concept sketch and deliver the finished product - exactly as you envisaged
- engages with your vision and listens to what you want to achieve
- gives you clear specifications, drawings and visual every step of the way
- just gets on with the job and leaves you with more time to be creative
- works with a whole range of materials from fabric to glass, wood to brass and can integrate them to create your product
- can make batches of product for multiple spaces as easily as one- off custom things
- thinks about what they do and works with you to optimise the design
- has the engineering capability to build structures such as stairs and also craft skills to create the right aesthetic
- understands that you need to achieve feel, form and texture
- asks tricky questions to make sure that they’ve got it right
- takes the unusual and makes it easy
“Makersmith is one of our most trusted suppliers, not only in terms of level of service, but also for genuine interest in helping us create the best products for our customers.”
Clara Asmussen - Blue Phoenix
We have worked with built environment projects for 20 years, specialising in architectural features, as well as interiors products. We understand you need to deliver your vision reliably and consistently to clients who demand the very best.
A small example of what we do – but illustrates our creative approach, even to a relatively simple project.
We were asked to develop a new product to store children's clothes that was free standing and included a hanging rail and storage in the base.
Our design was very simple and was designed to be completely self-locating on assembly. The curved shapes of the ends give the unit a feeling of movement - we call it "The Dancing Rail". The holes in the end are also good for stuffing scarves – or just for peeping through...
The units are finished in a white Osmo Woodwax finish that is completely child-safe, easily cleaned - and if necessary - easily repaired...
Having made and supplied a set of doors for a client in London we received the following email:
"Just a quick note to say we are delighted with the door panels, thank you so much for such a wonderful product and exemplary customer service....they look smashing. We've passed your details to our architect who is very impressed."
Private Client - London
|Design Milk||Design inspiration||https://design-milk.com/|
|The Crafts Council||The national development agency for the contemporary crafts in the UK||http://www.craftscouncil.org.uk/|