We are recruiting for an important new role; if you want to join us then all you have to do is call 01723 336154!
Do you have a passion for communication that leads to sales?
Client Engagement Specialist
Davies and Begbie are building a great creative team to deliver design and manufacturing services through our “Makersmith” brand and our own products through the “Two Green Leaves” brand.
We are small but have great visions that inspire us and want you to be inspired too.
We are driven by creativity, practicality and an enthusiasm for great design, and our focus is on developing a profitable, inspiring and enjoyable business.
We need someone with a passion for engaging with people in a really creative way to build communities of interest around what we do and to convert that interest into sales of products and services.
As a Client Engagement Specialist you will have responsibility for building a sustained pipeline of orders using all your innovative ideas and communication skills. We are a small business and you will also be involved in a wide range of activities as the need arises. Our business is being stretched and you will be stretched too.
Engaging with existing & potential clients across our brands by:
- Carrying out market research
- Identifying potential target markets and individual contacts within those markets
- Making direct contact with clients & potential clients by face-to face meeting, telephone, email, written communications, social media & any other means (and yes, this does include telemarketing too).
- Liaising with our brand designer & illustrator to define and specify publications and artwork. Where necessary take these designs forward into print.
- Managing the content of our websites including updates and writing content as well as looking after our on-line shop.
- Curating and writing blog content.
- Creating and running innovative events.
- Managing our attendance at public and trade shows, including stand setup and operation.
- Developing new marketing initiatives.
- Delivering new sales of services and products to achieve our business targets.
- Building communities of interest around our services and products.
- Managing & optimising our CRM system (Capsule) to ensure a full pipeline of work.
And if that’s not enough:
Providing general PA services including:
- Diary management
- Arranging meetings & travel
Who you are is as important as what you can do. As a minimum we are looking for someone with these essential Hard Skills:
- A demonstrable flair for marketing & selling products and services to business and private clients.
- Demonstrably excellent & clear:
- written communications with excellent structure, grammar & spelling
- verbal communication both face-to-face on the telephone
- Ability to structure reports & proposals clearly and logically.
- Proficient in general computer use and
specifically the use of:
- Microsoft Office products: Excel, Word, Outlook (Email) & PowerPoint
- The Internet
- Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
And these essential Soft Skills:
- Able to subscribe to and fully engage with our Business Vision
- Outgoing and clear communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to engage with clients suppliers through effective listening and engagement
- Creative thinker – constantly seeking to improve the job role and the business as a whole.
- Able to engage confidently in internal team meetings and activities with clear and persuasive written and verbal communications.
- Attention to detail: able to fully conclude tasks making no assumptions and leaving no loose ends.
- An organised and disciplined approach to tasks
- Capable of approaching tasks with a questioning attitude, making no assumptions about task requirements and available information.
- Able to research ideas, markets and information thoroughly and apply an analytical approach to research results presenting findings clearly and cogently.
- Adaptable and willing to carry out a wide range of tasks in a flexible job role that is responsive to client and market needs.
- A personal interest in design, creativity & sustainability.
We have a great rural location in Wykeham, near Scarborough, North Yorkshire on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors National Park and 6 miles from the sea – surfing, mountain biking and 1500km2 of National Park on your doorstep…
Hours and Benefits
- This is currently a part-time role for 3 days per week at 7.5 hours per day – 22.5 hours per week.
- Working days can be varied weekly and taken as whole days or a combination of whole and half days.
- Salary £12-£14k for 22.5 hours per week depending on experience.
Potential for personal and career development in a small but expanding company where you can be really involved.
Please call this number: 01723 336154
And leave a voicemail in response to the message you hear.
If we would like to hear from you further we’ll call you and ask for you to send us your CV.
If we want to meet you, we will arrange for an initial interview where you will also be asked to carry out a DISC behavioural profile assessment.
Finally, we will interview a short list of candidates, check your references and make an appointment.